Saturday, September 4, 2010

Birthday Gift Idea

A couple of days ago I was trying to come up with a little birthday gift idea for a friend. I remembered this post that Audrey made over at the Scrapbook Circle blog and then I knew what I wanted to do: make bottle cap magnets.

I punched circles to fill the bottlecaps and then added things that were on my scrapbook table like buttons, chipboard pieces and a little plastic butterfly. I then covered it all with Glossy Accents and let it dry overnight. Once the bottle caps were dry, I glued little magnets to the back.
I found a round tin to hold the magnets in my stash and covered it with paper so it matched the magnets. Of course, I needed a card to go with it. This was a really quick card because I just used a few different stickers from the SBC Sept. Kit and layered them on the Crate wood grain paper.I also decided to give my friend a yummy snack too, so I filled a jar from IKEA with chocolate and yogurt covered pretzels. I used the silhouette to cut the "happy birthday" letters from white fuzzy vinyl and sprayed it with apricot chalk board mist.It was fun putting together a hand made gift for my friend!

4 comments:

  1. Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh now I want it to be MY birthday so I could get this gift!! WOW!!! It is AMAZING!! LOVE IT! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute gift you made and I love your card!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a GREAT quick FUN birthday gift!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful bday gift! & guess what??? for some reason...I am now craving choc covered pretzels!!! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis