I mentioned early this week that one of my friends started a Pinterest group and this week was our first project. Not only was it nice to get together with friends, but it was great to leave with a finished Valentine decoration.
This was a simple and fun project that we based on this tutorial that was discovered through Pinterest.
4 Square Wood Blocks cut to 3.5 inches
13 Black and White Photos
LOVE letters (I cut mine from Silhouette black fuzzy vinyl)
(All paper and embellishments came from the Be Mine Kit.)
1. Cut paper and photos to 3.5 inches.
2. Apply a thin layer of Mod Podge to block and attach paper/photos.
3. Sand the edges of the photos if you want a distressed look.
4. Use distress ink along the edges.
5. After the glue and ink have dried, apply a thin layer of Mod Podge over the photos and paper to seal them.
6. Add desired embellishments.
The black and white photos with the colored paper and embellishments creates a nice contrast.
I'm happy with how this turned out. Looking forward to next month's Pinterest group!