Monday, July 1, 2013

Celebrating the 4th of July

We are excited to celebrate the 4th of July this year. It really is one of my favorite holidays. We usually participate in my parents' neighborhood parade followed by a picnic. Nothing quite like a grilled burger at 9:30 in the morning. (We have to do the picnic early since it's so hot out!)


This week Glitz challenged the design team to create a patriotic themed layouts and I was happy to put some of my photos from last year onto a page.


Even though Glitz doesn't have patriotic specific products, I thought this page came together pretty well and wasn't overwhelmingly all stars and stripes.


This year we will be in Orlando on the 4th, so we won't be doing any of our usual activities.  We will probably miss the neighborhood parade and nighttime fireworks ar my aunt's house, but I'm thinking we will try to manage at a theme park or the beach.

I hope you'll stop by the Glitz Designs blog this week for Patriotic page inspiration!

Layout Supplies
Glitz Designs "Uncharted Waters" Patterned Paper: Scallop, Damask
Glitz Designs "Uncharted Waters" 6 X 6 Paper Pad
Glitz Designs "Color Me Happy" 6 X 6 Paper Pad
Glitz Designs "Uncharted Waters" Whatnots

3 comments:

  1. Cute non-traditional 4th of July page!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh--LOVE it my friend! and seriously have a BLAST!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wowwwwwwwww! This is gorgeous! LOVING the photos and the way you added the title in between them!!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis