Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Cake for Breakfast? Yes, Please!

This morning I got together with some friends from church for a meeting. It was one of the friend's birthdays tomorrow and I decided that it would be fun to take along a little breakfast birthday treat to share. I hadn't gone to the store or specifically planned to use a recipe, but noticed that we had some strawberries in the fridge that were begging to be eaten. So I did a web search for "strawberry breakfast cake" and found a great recipe.


It's always a bit of a risk to just use a recipe from a random blog, but today it was a success! Here's the recipe for the Fresh Strawberry Breakfast Cake that I used. The only thing I changed was that I used almond milk for the 1/2 cup milk.


It was perfectly sweet and moist. Just note that if you make it, it does take an hour to bake. So plan accordingly. I do *try* to avoid sweet things in the morning and generally try to stick to eggs or smoothies, but this morning this sweet treat was just the perfect way to start the day.

2 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis