Friday, February 12, 2016

You + Me: Colored Minty

I've had so much fun playing with paper and photos this past week. It feels so good to have time to make creating a priority right now.

For this layout, it was all about playing with a favorite photo and adding lots of journaling. Those lines on the background paper just called to me to be filled with words!


The You + Me acrylic pieces started out white, but I really wanted to color them to match the frame of the page. I experimented by covering the acrylic with mist (Heidi Swapp Color Shine Mint) and let the color sit on it overnight. The next day the mist was totally dry and had formed a film on the letters. I peeled the film back and the letters were left covered with the beautiful minty color!


For a few finished details on the page, I added mint foil to the heart card next to the photo. Every time I use the Silhouette, I love it! I need to remember to use it more often. I also added a few lines of hot pink stitching near the top to create a base for the banner along the top. I wonder if I will ever tire of banners? Hope not!

Layout Supplies /// Scrapbook Circle Only You Kit /// Date Night Add-on


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis