Saturday, November 14, 2009

Gift Album Idea

My daughter needs to bring a gift to school for a 10 year old girl who loves to draw. I decided that it would be fun to make a few journals/drawing books for her.

One of the most exciting thing about this project for me was the fact that I FINALLY pulled my bind-it-all out of my closet, dusted it off and used it. I've had it for over two years, but lost interest in making my own mini albums right after I got it.

Here's a look at what I put together. This first album is about 6" X 4". I really liked how these Sassafras papers are so playful and bright. Perfect for a girl's art journal.I covered craft chipboard for the covers to make it more sturdy than just cardstock. This inside pages on all of these albums were made from cutting regular white printer paper down to the size of the covers.
I used up my few last scraps of the July Scrapbook Circle kit for this next album. I really love finishing off kits! The cover of this album is from the Teresa Collins line of chipboard that was made for the bind-it-all. I've had this since getting the bind-it-all, so it made me happy to finally use it up.

This final album was a little bigger than the others and measures about 6" X 9". I finished off the last bits of my November SC kit with this journal.
Now that the November kit is gone, I get to start playing with my December kit!
I'm thinking that I may make more of these with my daughter to give to her friends for Christmas. This was a great way for me to get to use up some of my supplies and make something that someone will hopefully enjoy.

2 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis