Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Cake or Frosting?

Which is your favorite...the cake or the frosting? For me, it's definitely the frosting.

Today my daughter and her friend made cupcakes. (We are on week 2 of our 2.5 week Spring Break!) They wanted to use canned frosting, but that just didn't sound good to me, so we looked up a chocolate frosting recipe.

We used this recipe as a starting point, but modified it a bit and I've got to say that it was some of the best chocolate frosting I've had.

Here's what we put in our frosting:

1 stick of butter, softened
3 cups powdered sugar
3/4 cup cocoa powder
1 teaspoon vanilla
Just under 1/2 cup of milk

This frosted 18 cupcakes with a thick layer of frosting.

Mix everything together and enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Yum!! And that is a TOUGH one!! Sometimes I loveeeeee the frosting... but if its a realllllllllllll moist cupcake...then it WINS!! LOL! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is a long break! glad you all are enjoying it. MMMMM frosting, cupakes, for me it is definitely the combo with a glass of milk ;)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis