Friday, April 29, 2011

Friday Finds #13

It's already Friday and I'm looking forward to the weekend. Tonight we have our elementary school carnival where I will be helping at class booths while handing over cash to my kids in the name of helping the school for bounce houses, dunk tanks and cakes walks. We've set a budget for each of our kids, so hopefully it won't be too crazy.

Today is the day where I like to share things I've seen around the web during the week, so let's get started...

No Sew Table Runner


Since the sewing machine I got for Christmas is still in the box, this project really apealled to me. I've had a hard time find a table runner that I like for our dinning room table. Now I'm going to be on the lookout for cool placemats.

Strawberry Lemon Crepe Cake


Doesn't this look amazing? My husband said that he is going to make it for breakfast on Mother's Day.

Lego Silverware


These would be a hit at our table!

Rainbow Cupcake in a Jar found via Be Normal Act Different

My daughter's birthday is coming in a couple of weeks and I hoping that she will want to make these for her party. They are so bright and festive!

Homemade Chicken Taquitos from Turbo Bubble Gum


This is a quick recipe I came across that I *think* everyone is my family would enjoy. It's going on the menu for next week and hoepfully it's well liked.

A Homemade Life by Molly Wizenberg


I started reading this book a couple of nights ago and it is totally enjoyable. Molly's writing style really draws me in and she does a great job combining her life stories with her favorite recipes. If you want a sample of what her book is like, you can read this blog post she just posted yesterday. Now I want to make Almond Cake!

The NY Times has an part of the first chapter of the book here. I highly recommend this is you are looking for a book to add to your summer reading list.

How about you? Any fun weekend plans?

1 comment:

  1. Have fun at the carnival tonight!! And loving your finds...those Lego Silverware are AWESOME! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis