Hello and happy Friday to you.
This week I created a card where I added a paper bow and thought it would be fun to share a tutorial on how to make paper bows. The bow I'm sharing today is very simple and could be layered with more bows to make it even more festive.
The great thing about a paper bow is that you really don't need to add much more to your card. It's a quick and easy way to make something a little more fancy.
The photos really tell the story, but here's a quick run down on the steps.
1. Cut a strip of paper 12" long and make it the desired thickness of your bow. My strip was 3/4" wide.
2. Cut a slit starting on the top of the paper about 3 inches from one end, but don't cut all the way through.
3. Cut a slit on the other end of the paper strip starting on the bottom of the paper about 3 inches from one end, but don't cut all the way through.
4. Make a loop and interlock the two slits.
5. Set on table with loop facing up.
6. Press the loop down in the center.
7. Use a small strip of paper (mine was 3/8" x 2") and glue around the bow.
8 & 9. Cut a "V" out of each end. Start by centering a cut a about 1/2" slit on the end. Then cut from the corner to the top of the 1/2" slit.
You can add buttons, stickers, felt, etc. to the top of the bow or use as it is.
Hope you have fun making some paper bows. Let me know if you have any questions and if this tutorial was helpful!