Saturday, May 24, 2014

What We Ate - April 24

What We Ate is a weekly feature on my blog where I share what we are eating for our family dinners each night. We all have to eat, right? I figure I may as well share what we are eating and will hopefully inspire some ned ideas for you.

Okay, this was another crazy schedule week, so we didn't get to have consistent dinners at home every night. But I still have a few things to share about our meal with you this week.

Monday - Lacrosse Awards Banquet

We went to an awards banquet where we enjoyed steak, salad and baked potatoes. My assignment was baked potatoes, so no recipe to share for that.

Tuesday - In-n-Out Burger


My friend Jennie and I took our kids to pack meals at Feed My Starving Children right after school and returned home about 6:00 p.m. and then we needed to go to the Apple Store for a phone repair. It was a full night and I hadn't planned a meal, so when In-n-Out Burger was nearby, so we stopped in for dinner. In my attempt to make it somewhat healthier, I ordered my burger protein style so that it can wrapped in lettuce instead of the bun.

Tuesday Breakfast - Sautéed Vegetables with an Over Easy Egg


This has been my breakfast for several days and I'm loving it! I love that the day is starting off packed with veggies and protein. I dice up 3 sweet potatoes and 2 zucchini along with half an onion and cook in a little coconut oil until softened and it lasts for at least three or four meals.

Wednesday - Skinny Orange Chicken and Spicy Cauliflower Stir Fry


Yay, I finally cooked this week! I made the same orange chicken that I made a couple of weeks ago plus a new recipes that I noticed that Pioneer Woman posted using cauliflower. Both were delicious. We just layered them together in a bowl.

Thursday - End of School Year BBQ Celebration with Friends

We went over to our friends' house for dinner where we grilled up a bunch of turkey and chicken sausage along with chips & hummus, watermelon and grilled bell peppers.

Why didn't I take a picture of the bell peppers? Perhaps because that were so good that they didn't last long. If you are looking for a delicious side next time you grill, you should give them a try.

Grilled Red Bell Peppers with Feta, Tomatoes and Basil

Slice bell peppers in half and remove the seeds. Place the curved outside edge of the pepper on the grill and heat until the pepper starts to soften. Then flip the pepper over and sprinkle the inside with some feta, diced grape tomatoes and chopped basil and continue heating on the grill until the cheese softens. Enjoy!

There you have it, another week. We survived the last week of school. Now summer break begins!


2 comments:

  1. Ohhhhhh I am going to have to try that orange chicken!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. going to try out the orange chicken recipe!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis