Tuesday, June 5, 2012

40th Anniversary Album

My parents celebrated their 40th wedding anniversary on Sunday. My siblings and I decided that it would be fun to put together an album filled with memories and photos for our parents. My siblings, spouses and the grand kids each wrote about my parents. I paired the written thoughts with photos taken throughout the past 40 years.


The design is pretty simple because I really wanted the focus to be on words + photos. The album base is 6 X 8 inch pieces of kraft cardstock. Then photos, words mounted on cardstock and washi tape were added to give a bit of color.







This is a just a little sampling of the pages. At first, I was going to do a "40 Things We Love About You" theme, but we ended up with more than 40 thoughts, so just kept the theme as a celebration of 40 years together. It was a pretty thick album and 2 inch binder clips were barely big enough to hold it altogether.

My parents loved the album! 

7 comments:

  1. What a great tribute to their love and family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous idea and a treasured gift!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a beautifully thoughtful gift Lisa!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How beautiful!!! What a wonderful gift!! LOVING the photos!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a great gift.....it is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute - I bet this meant a lot to them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. what an amazing album and thoughtful gift. i bet they adore it!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis