Thursday, June 21, 2012

Summer Fun

For some reason, I thought that I'd have more time for crafting and creating once summer was here. Wrong. With the kids around full time (which is usually a good thing - except when they are fighting) it's been a challenge to get much creative work done. But we have been busy. Thought I'd give you a little look into what we've been up to this week.

Sunday was Father's Day and we are lucky enough to live near both my dad and Ward's dad. My parents hosted the family at their house. Dessert was a highlight with homemade vanilla ice cream and this peach cobbler.

The kids and I made candy grams for the grandpas. I used to make these a lot when I was a teenager, but really haven't thought about them for a long time. Last week on Pinterest I saw a Father's day candy gram and was grateful for the gift inspiration.


I was excited to capture this great photo of my husband and kids right after church. It's one of my favorites!

One of our Father's Day traditions is to get photos of the dads with their kids & grandkids. Even though some weren't too excited to take pictures, I'm happy everyone participated.


We've been doing a lot of swimming in our pool. With temperatures hovering right around 110 degrees everyday this week, it's pretty much the only outdoor activity we can even consider. We usually do a morning or evening swim and try to stay out of the extreme sun.


Ward's mom joined us at our house to celebrate her birthday. We made one of our favorite meals: chicken tacos. I love that I can pile the taco with avocados, beans, corn and salsa. We make them pretty much every week. Bonus about taco night: everyone in our family likes it!



Jennie, Diana and Rebecca helped me pack up all of the July Scrapbook Circle kits. 
We all had our kids at the kit packing and once we were finished Diana had some fun amazing the kids with a magic trick.


I spent some time at the dentist today because my one and only crown fell off of my tooth over the weekend. Bad news: the tooth it too badly fractured to put on a new crown and I'm going to have to have it taken out and have an implant put in. Not looking forward to that. Oh well, I'm just thankful that it can be fixed.


Hope you have a great Thursday!

4 comments:

  1. I got a cnadygram for my wedding and thought it was really cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ouch to the tooth!! Good luck with that!! I loveeeeeeeeeeeee all the photos!! You have been busy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that candy gram idea--I think my dad would too! Sorry to hear that you have to do an implant--sounds horrible! I love that shot of the kids watching me take my finger off! CRACKS me up!! FUN recap week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a fun filled week! love all the family photos! we are doing the same morning and night swims here too ;) yikes! hope your tooth is not too painful!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis