Wednesday, August 22, 2012

6 Week Bran Muffins

While we were visiting friends in Baltimore over spring break we were treated to some really delicious bran muffins as part of our breakfast one morning.

One of the great things about these bran muffins is that the batter makes a large amount and will store in the fridge for up to six weeks. You can just scoop out what you want to bake and always have fresh baked muffins.


Want to make these?  Here's the recipe...

Mix and let stand for 20 minutes:
6 cups bran cereal
2 cups boiling water

Then add:
1 cup butter, softened
2 1/2 cups sugar
4 eggs
1 quart of buttermilk

Mix the following dry ingredients and then add to wet batter:
5 cups flour
1 teaspoon salt
5 teaspoons baking soda

Bake at 375 degrees for around 12 minutes.

Dough can be stored uncovered in the refrigerator for up to six weeks.

Let me know if you give these a try!

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE bran muffins! I'll have to give this one a try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm. I think I'll have to make some today--I don't think I've made any since you were here! Glad you like them!! And I love your pretty muffin papers!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis