Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Paper Layers + 12 on the 12th

This month, I am very excited about the Glitz blog challenge because it required that I use paper layers on one of my projects. Glitz paper layers are really easy to work with and come with a bunch of different designs, so they are perfect for layering, cutting and using on projects.


On my layout, I decided to use my Cameo to cut the title for the page out of one of the book papers and it worked perfectly! The book paper came out with really nice and clean cuts.


I also cut a 2" X 7" strip off of another book paper, pleated it and ran it through the sewing machine. Once that was done, I misted it to bring in more teal onto the page.


For a final touch on the page, I freehand cut a heart from a piece of book paper. I love that it's very thin and I don't have to tear up old books to get the look on my pages.


This year I've decided to play along with the Ella Publishing Take Twelve challenge which encourages us to take 12 photos on the 12th of each month. It's a pretty easy challenge and I love that I end up with photos that wound not have been taken without the challenge.


I decided to use all of the photos on a layout celebrating the little thing that happened on February 12.


The photos were printed at 2" X 2" so that all of the photos would fit on one page. Although none of the photos are particularly of fantastic quality, I love that together on a page they tell a story about our family life.

Thanks for stopping by today!

Lisa 

Happy Birthday Layout Supplies
Glitz Designs "Beautiful Dreamer" Patterned Paper: Stripe, Polka
Glitz Designs "Beautiful Dreamer" Paper Layers
Glitz Designs "Dance in Sunshine" Patterned Paper: Polka
Glitz Designs "Dance in Sunshine" Whatnots
Glitz Designs "Dance in Sunshine" Journaling Stickers
Glitz Designs "Dance in Sunshine" Epoxy Stickers
Other: Mist, stamps, thread

Twelve on the Twelfth Layout Supplies
Glitz Designs "Dance in Sunshine" Patterned Paper: Polka, Stripe, Raindrops, Floral
Glitz Designs "Dance in Sunshine" Glitzers
Glitz Designs "Dance in Sunshine" Journaling Stickers
Glitz Designs Teeny White Alpha
Glitz Designs "Dance in Sunshine" Epoxy Stickers
Other: Cardstock, Paper Tape

5 comments:

  1. These are such fun layouts, Lisa! Totally loving how you cut the title from a paper layer on the first one!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. super fun layouts Lisa! I especially like the one with the smaller pictures--AWESOME and WAY to use your cameo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are BEAUTIFUL Lisa!! I am LOVING the typewriter card on the first one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your layouts looks amazing. LOVE them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE these! You just reminded me of an old book I bought at Good Will for just this very purpose--thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis