Sunday, March 18, 2012

Take Twelve: March 2012

This past week our family has been traveling for our spring break. We started out in Baltimore last weekend visiting friends and then spent the past week in North Carolina vising my sister and her family.

I'm playing along this year with the Ella Publishing challenge of taking 12 photos on the 12th of each month. This month I didn't realize that it was already the 12th. Since we were traveling, I wasn't very good about paying attention to the date. But luckily, since we were on vacation, I did take several pictures on the 12th.


We drove six hours from Baltimore, MD to Kitty Hawk, NC on the 12th. We started out our day at Miss Shirley's for breakfast before starting our drive. My daughter and I shared the Southern Slammer that was a pumpernickel bread sandwich with fried green tomatoes, bacon and avocado. Delicious! (For some reason, I didn't take a picture here.)

We meet up with my sister and her five kids at Bodie Island Lighthouse. We also played in some huge sand dunes at Jockey's Ridge Park and found a great kid friendly restaurant for dinner.

We are now at the airport in Raleigh, NC waiting to catch our flight to Phoenix. I'm so thankful for this time away with friends and family.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like an amazing trip!! LOVING the photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like a FUN trip--glad you are all back safe and sound!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis