Sunday, September 8, 2013

Telling a 6 Word Story

I'm taking Ali Edwards' Hello Story class at Big Picture Classes and a couple of weeks ago the challenge was to create a layout and tell a 6 word story. This sounded like a great opportunity to experiment a bit and try something new.


Here I decided to print out a big picture on Max on his first day of school this year. When I had taken the picture (before I knew about this challenge) I'd intentionally left a lot of open space with the bricks in the photo because I was thinking it would be a cool place for some journaling on a page. Thankfully it ended up being the perfect space for the large title (aka 6 Word Story.)


Every time I use a big photo, I love the results. This is something I need to try more often.


Even though the close up on the big photo was great, I also wanted to be sure and include a full body shot so the plaid short and red shoes could go down in the books as his first day of school outfit. It's all about preserving the little details!

Layout Supplies /// Photo Goes Here Kit /// Snapshot Add-on

4 comments:

  1. Great layout and use of 'white space'

    ReplyDelete
  2. great concept and a beautiful LO!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhhhhhhhh this is AMAZING Lisa!! I love love love that big photo with the title on it!!!! Gorgeous!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE this idea of creating a place for journaling--AWESOME job on the challenge Lisa!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis