Friday, August 19, 2011

Getting Ready for the Weekend

When the Summer's End collection from Fancy Pants arrived, I instantly thought I these photos I took of my daughter last fall while we were in Boston. The trees in October were gorgeous, vibrant colors of red, yellow and orange. Since we don't get to experience changing leaves here in Phoenix, it was a pretty exciting thing to see the bold colors.


One of my favorite Fancy Pants products are the paper filter embellishments. They are similar to tissue paper and come cut in circles with fun edging with prints on them. On this layout a couple of the are layered together and cut in half so they could be used above and below the photos.


On another note, for a while I was posting Friday Finds every week to share cool things I found around the web and help me keep track of things. But now I'm using Pintrest to organize all of these ideas. Are you on Pintrest? Leave your username in the comments so I can follow you!

Thanks to a find on Pintrest, I'm making this Grilled Chicken Bruschetta tonight. I'm excited to give a new recipe a try.


Thanks for the feedback on the vintage coffee table post. I'm going out on a hunt for one next week so that I can finish up our bedroom makeover. Thought I would share a look at our new headboard and pillows.

The headboard is made from printed burlap attached to the wall and then framed. We kept the white bedspread we already had, but jazzed it up with a bunch of new pillows. I'll share more photos once we're finished with the room.

Hope you have a great weekend!

4 comments:

  1. I loveeeeeeeeee your lo!!! AWESOME photos and loving the colors!! And your new headboard is GORGEOUS! LOVEEEEEEEE it! :):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. GREAT layout! the filter embellishments are great! your headboard is AMAZING too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, I am loving the fall layout and the printed filters!!! Your new headboard makes a great statement. I can't wait to see what else you do!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty layout--yummy looking bruschetta and your headboard is amazing!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis