Friday, August 12, 2011

Scrapbook Room Makeover

Last month I post about the beginnings of getting my scrapbook room organized. I'm happy to report that progress has been made during the past month.

Before I started, my room was way overpacked with things. Here's a little sampling of what the room looked like everyday.


Stressful, right? Things has been piling up for months and it was time to do something about it.

Here's a look at the new room without all of the clutter. It feels so much better!




For now I'm intentionally leaving most of the wall space blank because it just feels so good to have a minimal amount of distraction/clutter going on in here.

The only thing I purchased was the L-shaped table in the corner. It is so fantastic to now have enough room for my trimmer, photo printer, basic supplies PLUS room to create layouts.


I've been using this photo printer for years and have been really happy with it. 99% of my pictures are printed at home, so this printer gets a workout. Now I don't even have to get up from my desk to print.


My old work desk is now a homework space for my son plus a place for my sewing machine (it's now out of the box, now I need to figure out how to use it!), Silhouette and cardstock.


This basket sits under my desk and has all of my current kits and current products.


Each kit/paper line is stored in a Cropper Hopper Scrap Storage container. I've been using these for years and they work perfectly for storing thing because the top is open for quick access plus there are 3 pockets. One is a deep pocket that holds paper and the other 2 pocket hold embellishments.


This little cube drawer unit also sits under my desk.


The drawers hold mostly of my older photos that are all organized generally using Stacy Julian's Photo Freedom philosophy.


On top of the photo cube drawers is a basket with my tools that are used often.


In one corner of the room I have this cabinet that was created with a vintage window. It was a garage sale find a couple of years ago.


The final wall in my room has a kitchen counter top from IKEA that I found in the "as is" section about 5 years ago. There is so much storage in this unit. The drawers are huge and the 8 baskets hold the rest of my scrapbook supplies


The baskets are a great way for me to organize because I can have similiar items together without needing them to be totally neat. The baskets hold ribbon, adhesives, stamps, paint, ink and stickers.


Hope you enjoyed this tour of my scrapbook room! Notice I didn't show you the closet...that's my next organizing project.

Hope you have a great weekend!

2 comments:

  1. I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeee the way your room turned out!! Just GORGEOUS! :):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great space! LOVE the cabinet and vintage window!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis