Thursday, October 27, 2011

Birthday Gift in a Snow Globe

Last month I spotted this Gift Card Snow Globe idea from the Creative Mama on Pinterest and knew that I wanted to make something similar.

Last weekend my daughter was invited to a birthday party, so it was the perfect time to try out the snow globe idea.


I stopped by the dollar store hoping that they would have some candles that I could use and luckily they had candles with numbers 1, 2 and 3. Perfect since the birthday boy was turning 12. The candle packs also came with smaller star candles.

For the assembly, I hot glued the candles and gift card to the lid and let it dry. I then added some glitter and water to the jar and screwed on the lid.

To add a little personalization the jar, I cut "Happy Birthday Ryan!" from red vinyl and stuck it onto the jar. Quick and fun gift wrapping!


We did finish off the jar with ribbon around the base of the jar with a little gift tag attached, but I forgot to snap a photo before we ran out the door to the party.

6 comments:

  1. What a COOL IDEA!! I loveeeeeeeeeeee this!!! Looks GREAT!! I am sure he loved it! :):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool idea -i am going to have to try this one day!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis