Friday, February 17, 2012

The Cameo is Out of the Box

Yesterday was the first time using my new Cameo and I must say I love it.

The 12 X 12 size makes cutting things faster since all of my paper is 12 X 12 and I don't have to trim paper before cutting. Plus the cuts are cleaner because there is better control on the blade depth. On my Silhouette, I always had to do a double cut and the Cameo just needs a single cut.

For my first Cameo project, the 12 X 12 size was perfect. My friend Aimee came over to make a banner to hang at a bridal shower for the fiance of her brother. Aimee said that she wanted really big banner pieces because the banner space at her mom's house is spacious.

We cut brackets shapes filling the 12 X 12 paper.  We cut cardstock as a base and paper for both sides. This was so fast. We just set up the shape on the computer and then kept feeding the Cameo with paper to cut the bracket shapes.


Aimee wanted to use a black and white color scheme with purple and line accents. The Glitz Design Hoolpa line was perfect for this. The line even had a cake that looked like a wedding cake! This line doesn't have any purple, but we added purple hearts on the center piece of the banner.


We made it two sided since it will be seen on both sides when it is hung.

Thanks to the Cameo, this only took a little over an hour. 

Today, I used the Cameo again for a layout about a Daddy Daughter Dance that my husband and daughter went to last night. There's nothing quite like fresh pictures off the camera that put me in the mood to scrapbook.


The Cameo cut out the title and I used the reversed out image for the title. I'd thought about using the letters that popped out from the paper, but it was going to be more tedious to attach those to the page.

This layout is a little peek at what will be coming in the March Scrapbook Circle kit. I'm excited to do a full reveal next week!


Just for fun, I thought I'd compare this year's photo with last year's daddy daughter dance photo.


Time is flying and she'd growing up so fast!

Hope you enjoy your weekend.

6 comments:

  1. Oh yay! You are one lucky gal with that cameo and I love your layout!! I cannot wait to get this kit!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a fun layout! I just ordered my Cameo today! Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  3. SERIOUSLY AWESOME! loving that the cameo can cut more intricate cuts LOVING that you have a sneaky of March's kit--SO excited!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That banner is AMAZING!!! I loveeeee that you can create big with the Cameo!! I love love love your lo too!! And I can't believe how much taller she is in just one year!! Crazy that they do that to us! lol!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh la la!! i am loving the colors on this layout! can't wait for full reveal!! seems like this march kitis going to be fun again!!love your before after photos!! such a change!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ooooh, thanks so much for the info on the Cameo--I am SOLD lol! The banner looks fabulous and the layout is lovely. How tall your beautiful girl has grown! She is clearing your husband's shoulder!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis