Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Pioneer Woman + Cards

The week is moving along quickly already!  I meant to share a few photos here from the weekend sooner than now, but better late than never, right?

On Saturday my sister Michelle and I went to listen to Ree Drummond (the Pioneer Woman) speak and do a book signing for her new cookbook. We also went to hear her speak three years ago when her first cookbook came out. I guess you could say we are fans. My friend Katie also joined us Saturday too.


We showed up at 12:30 to grab a seat and get a ticket that determined the order we'd get our books signed. It was great to relax in an air conditioned room and chat with my sister and friend while my sweet husband drove the kids all over the place to a bunch of different activities (basketball game, choir practice, birthday party.)


After Ree talked for about 45 minutes about how she started blogging and told a bunch of funny stories about herself and then we waited another hour and a half for our turn to have her sign our books. My mom decided to stop by too and made it just as we were 4 people away from Ree. Good timing, mom!


Sometimes it's nice to do something just for fun that is something for me. I LOVE going to all of my kids activities, but it was great to get out and do an activity for myself. By the way - Ree said she liked my shirt! I figure she says that to about every 10 people in line, but it was still fun.


We also met Ree's husband Ladd (aka Marlboro Man.) He was very friendly and was a good sport to put up with meeting so many people.


I also have a few cards to share today. A couple of them were made for friends and one was for my daughter's friend's birthday.




Thanks for stopping by today! I hope your week is off to a good start.

Friend Card Supplies /// The Story Kit

Birthday Card Supplies /// Daydreamer Kit

5 comments:

  1. So fun that you got to meet the pioneer woman and her hubby! GREAT cards too Lisa!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting!! That would have been awesome to meet them!! Did you cut your hair again, or is it just pulled back? It looks cute that way!! I loveeeeeeeeee your cards too!! BEAUTIFUL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your cards! And I have to admit that when I read this in Google Reader, I clicked through to ask you where you got your shirt! :) I just love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh, how fun! I love her blog and her recipes! ^_^ And it's true - sometimes it's great to do something just for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun night!! And your cards are fabulous too :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis