Monday, July 14, 2014

Bridal Shower

The past month has been full of wedding planning and activities for my sister Kristen's wedding. Her engagement was only a couple of months, so we crammed a lot into the past couple of months. She and my mom definitely did most of the planning, but I helped where I could. Cake testing is a hard job. 

One of the highlights of the wedding preparations was hosting a bridal shower at my house. I kept the decor simple and enlisted help with food from my mom, my cousins, sister Michelle and Costco. Plus I tortured my kids by giving them long lists of cleaning assignments. I love hosing parties because my house is cleaned up and free from most clutter.

The Food


Fruit Salad

Sautéed Green Veggie Salad with Feta and Almonds

Costo Croissant Sandwiches

Berry Punch (Sprite, Lemonade, Crushed Raspberries and Pebble Ice

Dessert: Homemade Peanut Butter Brownies and Cupcakes



The Decor

Photos + Balloons made the decorating simple and fun. Over one of the dining tables, we hung balloons with strings and photos attached. Tip: We used double sided tape to stick the balloon to the ceiling. No helium required.


 One of the dining tables had frame pictures of the happy couple.


I had a few extra invites (I ordered these from Minted) and decided to use them as a base for a banner. The invites made perfect flags and I alternated them with some die cut hearts and then sewed everything to a teal ribbon.


The party was a success! Kristen received a lot of nice gifts and we all got to spend enjoyable time with friends and family.


2 comments:

  1. Loving the photos!! That banner is GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is SO fun--seriously you are AMAZING and creative!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis