Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Candy Heart Centerpiece

After taking down all of my Christmas decorations, things felt a little bare. So I thought that I would at least add one quick holiday decor item to my kitchen counter for Valentines Day. This is one that I've done for the past couple of years.
I love that it uses my trifle bowl because it rarely gets used.

Supplies:
Clear glass trifle bowl
Candle in Glass Holder (You wouldn't want a pillar candle melting all over your candy!)
Candy Hearts
Place the candle in your trifle bowl. I think this would be fun in a variety of kitchen bowls.
Pour candy hearts around the candle. My project used two bags of the sweethearts candy hearts. I bought three bags though so that I could refill the candy as it disappears.

Luckily, I don't really like candy hearts, so I'm not worried about eating the entire bowl myself. If it was M&M's, I'd be in trouble.

5 comments:

  1. what a CUTE idea! I agree if it was m&m's I'd be in trouble too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome idea! And I have just the trifle bowl for it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I now have this sitting on my table . . . . I need to get another bag of candy though because my 3 year old LOVES it! :) Thanks for such a cute idea.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis