Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Christmas Card Layout

While looking at Ali Edwards blog last week, I came across this post where Ali shares her idea for preserving all of the great photos she receive in Christmas cards each year.

I used to put together a scrapbook with a page for each card we received. That only lasted for a couple of years because it was so time consuming and used up a lot of cardstock. That was back in 2003. Now I am happy that I have a quick and simple way to save the photos we receive in Christmas cards each year.

I had hopped that I would be able to just do one layout for the Christmas photos, but ended up needing two layouts. Here's a look at what I came up with:I tried cropping all of the photos to 2" high. It was then a bit like fitting a puzzle together so that I could get the edges to line us.

It's great to have these photos organized and not have a pile of photos that don't have a home.

4 comments:

  1. I saw this to, I think I might be able to do all of mine on one page, thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That worked out so well, and what a great way to preserve the cards! Nice!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both layouts turned out great!
    Thanks for sharing... this is a great idea!

    -Mari

    ReplyDelete
  4. I so want to do this too! The layouts turned out great Lisa! & congrats on your Sketchy Thursdays layout...it rocked!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis