Sunday, March 21, 2010

Sketchy Thursdays 3.18 Sketch

When I saw the sketch from Sketchy Thursdays this week I was excited to see that it used mist. I just picked up some new glimmer mist last week, so I was ready for a reason to use it!

Here's a look at the sketch.
Here's my take on the sketch.
I decided that it would be interesting to create a non-misted frame around the photos. I cut a piece of paper to the size I wanted the non-misted area to be. Then I stuck the cut paper to the cardstock with a tiny bit of adhesive so that it wouldn't slide around while misting. After spraying the mist, I just gently peeled up the paper and attached my photos and patterned paper.I like the effect of this technique and will probably try to use it again sometime. What do you think?

Thanks for the great sketch!

Most of the supplies for this layout came from the upcoming Scrapbook Circle April kit.

8 comments:

  1. Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh this is AWESOME!!! LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE the photos, the colors and love love love that color of mist!!! And thanks soooooooooooooo much for stopping by my blog today....I am in AZ too! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute! I save all sorts of things to use as masks - packaging, chipboard leftovers, etc. I love the layout!

    Tessa, Sketchy Thursdays DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my I love the masked frame! Love that colour mist as well. Actually aint one thing here I dont love!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this!!! And, ironically, I did a bike ride page using the April kit too!! That should warn everyone that this kit is springy for sure!! LOL!! Love the misting!!! And thanks for playing with us, I really appreciate it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous! But your pages always are!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. great job with the misting! thanks for playing along with us! heidi, sketchy thursdays

    ReplyDelete
  7. just became a follower of your blog today and i am already finding LOTS OF INSPIRATION!!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis