Sunday, March 14, 2010

Sunday Morning Breakfast

This morning I made one of my favorite breakfast recipes: Oatmeal Waffles. I got the recipe from my friend, Janet, years ago and we still love making them. Bonus: all 3 of my kids like them!

Here's the recipe.

Mix these three ingredients together:

2 eggs, beaten
1 1/2 cup milk
6 Tablespoons butter, melted and cooled

Then add:
2 teaspoons baking powder
3 cups oats
2 Tablespoons brown sugar

Mix all ingredients together and allow to sit for 15 minutes. This allows the oats some time to soak up the liquid. (This makes about 6 7-inch waffles.)Cook on a greased waffle iron.

These are great with syrup or you can enjoy them as we did today with homemade strawberry jam and whipped cream.These are great leftover the next day, so I always try to make a few extras.

1 comment:

  1. this looks so yummy! we'll have to try it over here too! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis