Monday, March 15, 2010

Spring Banner

I had so much fun yesterday putting a spring banner together with the upcoming Scrapbook Circle April kit. The colors are so happy and the paper was so easy to work with.

When I put this together, I knew that both the front and back sides of the banner would need to be decorated because it was going to hang between candle holders on my dining room table. Since people will be sitting on both sides of the table, both sides of the banner needed decoration.

Here's a look at the front side of the banner.
I just taped the ribbon on the inside of the candle holders.All of the paper, the alpha, flowers, buttons, vintage dictionary page, clothes pins, ribbon, the chipboard bird and even the 6 canvas triangles are from the April kit.

Several of the circles came from this paper.
I love the the circles are not a perfect circle shape. I think that adds a little handmade charm to the paper. My circle and scalloped circle punches also came in handy for this project.

I had thought about spelling out "Easter" with the canvas, but decided that "spring" could be on display for a longer amount of time.

Here's a look at the back side of the banner.
I'm excited to have a little new spring decor around my house. Now I get to keep playing with the kit!

7 comments:

  1. Ooooh, so pretty! I can't wait to see the whole kit, and then to play with it, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so cute!! I'm itching to play with this kit! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The April kit is so amazing! I can't even cut into it yet, I'm still just staring at it making sure that whatever I do I love... it is just THAT good!! Cute, cute banner!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is SO FABULOUS Lisa!!! I am going to make a baby boy banner for my sister's shower and this is giving me all kinds of ideas!!! Thanks for the inspiration! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so cute! I love it! Great job Lisa!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ♥ your banner, Lisa! I adore banners... just made an easy one yesterday for a basketball game this w/e... now I'm inspired to make a "prettier one" for Easter - thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  7. love it. Hope you don't care if I completely copy this idea!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis