Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Adding Pizazz to a Notepad

Yesterday, I posted about a mini book I put together for my daughter's friend. Today I want to share the second project that was part of her gift.

I picked up a magnetic notepad at Michael's for $1 and decided to incorporate it into a project. I wrapped a piece of yellow cardstock around the notebook and decorated the cover.

Here's a look at the cover of my notebook.The flower on the cover was so much fun to make. I love the special touch it adds to projects. You can see this post on how to put the flowers together.Here's a look at the inside cover.The right side has the notebook (attached on the back with glue dots.) I did pull off the back page of the notebook because it had a big magnet on it and I wanted the paper to be flat. The left side has a Bazzill library pocket covered with patterned paper.Just for fun, I made a cover for the notebook with more patterned paper.

This was a really quick project this I think would make a great gift for a variety of occasions: birthdays (adults and kids), teacher gifts and stocking stuffers. I think this would also be a fun craft for kids to put together.

All of the patterned paper came from the Scrapbook Circle February kit.

1 comment:

  1. hey! I've seen that somewhere before! :) Okay at first I thought the pizzaz said paparazzi--I was wondering what that had to do with notebooks! This turned out DARLING!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis