Tuesday, October 9, 2012

8 Years Old

We've been in full birthday celebration mode around here. With two of our kids celebrating birthdays a week apart, we've had two friend parties and a family party in the last four days. Good times!

On Hannah's birthday last Friday, I snapped a few photos of her and I really love how a few turned out.  The pictures are evidence that she is growing so fast. Just a little too fast in my opinion, but I'm just trying to remember to enjoy each day and try to documents a few of the details along the way.


In my last post, I'd shared a few interview questions about Hannah and included all of her answers on this page. Someday I hope to have a cool typewriter that I can use for journaling like this, but for now the "American Typewritter" font in Word will suffice.


I used my Silhouette to cut the heart background of out grey cardstock. Every time I use the Silhouette I wonder why I don't use it more often. It really is such a cool machine!


Here along the bottom of the page I cut up a sticker that was a pretty big rectangle with the yellow stripes and words and spread it out along the bottom of the page. The words were prefect for this page, but the large rectangle was not the right size. Cutting the sticker into strips was the perfect solution!


I'm so thankful for scrapbooking and that it helps me preserve these memoires for our family. I probably wouldn't have taken the photo or asked the interview questions if I didn't love documenting our family. Of course, we'd survive without these details documented, but it sure is fun and interesting to get these things down on paper.

Layout Supplies /// News Flash Kit /// Happening Now Kit /// Bulletin Kit

3 comments:

  1. Wow, those hearts are so cool with the pp showing through! Love this page and might borrow the inspiration! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is BEAUTIFUL!!! I love love love love the photo, the floral paper and those hearts!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is GREAT--LOVE the touch of hearts a long the top--GORGEOUS!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis