Monday, April 29, 2013

My First Stitch Fix

I was super excited last Saturday when my first Stitch Fix box arrived! Have you tried out Stitch Fix yet? I saw a few blogger friends give them a try and decided to join in on the fun.

In case you don't know know, Stitch Fix is a service that mails you 4 clothing items plus an accessory once a month (or more often if you want.) The clothes they send you are determined by your style profile that you fill out online. You decide what you want to keep and then mail the rest back in a prepaid envelope.

This is perfect for me because I don't have time or interest in spending large amounts of time roaming the mall looking for new clothes.

What to take a look at what they sent me?

(Sorry about the terrible pictures! I took most at night with my cell phone. I'll be sure to use much better light next time!)




As soon as I opened the box, I saw this white sheer top with little triangle cutouts and knew I loved it. I just hoped it fit and luckily it did! It's shorter in the front and longer in the back. It is not something that I might have chosen for myself because of the long back, so I'm happy someone else chose it for me!


Next up was a really pretty teal silk blouse. It was sleeveless (I'd asked for no sleeveless - hope they follow that next time) and it was HUGE. So it was a no go and went back in the box.


Item #3 was a fitted orange dress. I loved how the top fit, but it was too short (I like knee length) and so it went back in the box.


Item #4 was a navy pencil skirt and I love it. It is nicely lined and has a fun zipper slit in the front of the skirt. I only have one other pencil skirt in a very different color and so I decided it would be a nice addition to my closet.  I paired it for church with the white triangle cutout shirt and a short sleeved cardigan.


My accessory is the necklace you can see in the second picture. I liked it fine, but didn't think it was worth $48, so it went back in the box.

So a new shirt and skirt got to stay!

If you decide to keep all 5 items, you get to take 25% off the total price of the items. I was hoping I would love everything in my box and get to take advantage of the discount, but some of the items just didn't work for me. Can't wait to see what they send me next month!

If you are interested in trying our Stitch Fix too, you can use my friend referral link >>> Stitch Fix

Of course, I'm totally not doing this to try and talk friends into signing up! It's just something fun I'm doing and thought I'd share with you!

3 comments:

  1. I think everything looks great on you!!! Glad you got the shirt and skirt!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love that skirt on you - it's very flattering! and the triangle top goes great with it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun! You look great in that botton outfit!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis