Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Baby Shower Yummies

Last night I hosted a baby shower for a great friend.

My sister and I had fun creating a few treats for the shower.

First up is these mini carrot cake cupcakes.
The recipe came from this book and it is truly the best and most amazingly delicious carrot cake EVER. I've had this for my birthday cake more than once and I'm normally a chocolate dessert girl.
The recipe made a lot of mini cupcakes. Around 75 of them. Yum!
I used a little Cosmo Cricket Earth Love paper to make these cupcake decorations.

Don't you love the mini polka dot cupcake holders? I picked them up from this Etsy shop a few months ago.

Next up were these chocolate mousse treats. One friend said that it was her new favorite dessert.
Here's the recipe for the Chocolate Mousse. Make it soon and you won't be sorry!

This recipe is for a pie filling, but I like creating these smaller, more fancy desserts.

Chocolate Mouse
4oz. Bakers Germans Sweet Chocolate
1/3 c. Milk
2 T Sugar
4 oz Cream Cheese
8 oz Cool Whip
Melt the Chocolate in a double boiler. Meanwhile, mix milk, sugar, and cream cheese together. Once chocolate is almost cool, mix into above. Once mixed, fold in the Cool Whip. Refrigerate 4 hours tell firm.

Top Nabisco Chocolate Wafer Cookies with a dollop of mousse and enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Oh, YUMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmm~ What a great twist on chocolate mousse. Copying this one down right now, thanks Lisa!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis