Thursday, November 19, 2009

Creamy Hot Chocolate

Tonight I decided to make a little treat for myself: hot chocolate. I did a quick search for a recipe and decided to give this one a try. Supposedly it's the Starbucks hot chocolate recipe.
This was so creamy and delicious. It only took a couple of minutes to put together and all of the ingredients are things I normally have stocked in my kitchen.

Here's the recipe:
  • 1/4 cup water
  • 2 tablespoons cocoa
  • 2 tablespoons sugar
  • 1 1/2 cups milk (We only had skim milk, so that's what I used)
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • whipped cream
  • chocolate shavings (optional)
Directions
  1. Measure water, cocoa, and sugar in glass measuring cup or large mug. Stir well.
  2. Microwave on high for 1-2 minutes to make chocolate syrup.
  3. Stir in milk and vanilla and microwave until warm.
  4. Top with whipped cream and chocolate shavings.
I skipped the chocolate shavings since it already was very rich. I'm going to be making this again soon!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Lisa, I think I'll be trying this out this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is penny's for the dollars I spent at starbucks....i'm going to the store to but milk right now :}

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis