Friday, November 6, 2009

Meeting the Pioneer Woman

My sister, Michelle, and I both enjoy following the Pioneer Woman's blog. We've both made several of her recipes and we were excited to see that she was coming out with a new cookbook.
Ree (The Pioneer Woman) is currently on a book tour for her new cookbook and she came to a bookstore very close to us last night.

Michelle got there early and helped us score front row seats for Ree's Q & A session.
I'm guessing that there were at least 400 people there wanting to have their books signed. We decided it wasn't worth the wait and went home. Later, we decided that we may as well go back and get our books signed.
It was fun to meet her and talk about one of our family's favorite appetizers, the Jalepeno Bacon Wrapped goodness.

A few of our other favorite recipes from PW are...

French Breakfast Puffs (made as mini muffins)
Macaroni and Cheese
Cornbread (I've only made the cornbread, not the beans, but I think I need to give the beans a try!
PW's Creamy Mashed Pototoes

After briefly chatting with Ree, we also stopped by to say hi to her sister-in-law and mother-in-law.
It was a fun night out!

4 comments:

  1. thanks for the fun night of coming & going! it was grrrreat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL that you went back to get the autograph! sounds like something I would do! Be sure & come over to my blog...I have an award for you :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is so exciteng, I jsut love her book and blog too! anne

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis