Thursday, July 7, 2011

Purging My Scrapbook Space

Lately my scrapbook room has been feeling way too full of stuff. I've let things pile up for too long and I'm finally doing something about it. The past two days have been spent purging many things from my scrapbook room. At least 6 large loads have been take to the dumpster.

I've saved some things to donate, but I'm pretty sure the swimming themed die cuts from 2001 and the paper scraps from 2003 will be better off at the dump that cluttering my space.


Here's a look at my scrapbook desk a couple of weeks ago. There wasn't even a space to work.

The main motivator for getting the room cleaned out is that we are having painter come to paint our bedroom and my scrapbook room tomorrow. Since I had to move almost everything out of the room for the painters, it was a perfect time to get rid of things that just aren't ever going to be used. I'm feeling lighter already!

Choosing a paint color has been a dilema for me this week. Nothing seemed right. I tried out a few yellow and green samples, but just couldn't settle on anything.


Then tonight I spotted a blue box in my room and loved the color. I took the box to Lowe's and found a paint color to match.


Tomorrow I will be surrounded by aqua glow in my scrapbook room. Can't wait to see how it looks!

Here's a look at the room all cleared out and ready for painting.


I'll be sure to post photos of the new walls.

5 comments:

  1. Yay for purging!!! I always give my 'extra' stuff to Brookie's hospital (Phoenix Children's)....as they have 6 craft rooms for the kids! :):):):):) Can't WAIT to see your NEW ROOM!!!! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love when I go through a purge. The paint choice looks fabulous! Looks like my bedroom color. You'll love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. great minds think a like! I've been purging too and helping my mom to purge her room! So loving that color that is what Alyisa wants to paint her room! Can't wait to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the color you chose! we just finished painting our bedroom and it makes such a difference!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis